Tunnel to Towers Foundation Delivers 21 Mortgage-Free Homes to Gold Star Families in Honor of Memorial Day
Tunnel to Towers Foundation Delivers 21 Mortgage-Free Homes to Gold Star Families
in Honor of Memorial Day
Gold Star families live in 16 states stretching from California to Connecticut
In observance of Memorial Day, the Tunnel to Towers Foundation is honoring the memory of 21 servicemen who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country by paying off the mortgage on their homes.
Tunnel to Towers will ensure the families these heroes left behind will always have a place to call home.
21 Gold Star families are from 16 states and including the families of:
- Air Force Captain Jeffrey Hill – Elk River, MN
- Army Sergeant Andrew Chaisson – Becker, MN
- USMC Staff Sergeant John Stock – Hughes Springs, TX
- Army Sergeant Dennis Lee – Killeen, TX
- Army Sergeant First Class Benjamin Bitner – Wesley Chapel, FL
- Army Staff Sergeant Paul Olmstead – West Valley, UT
- Air Force Major Brad Funk – Farr West, UT
- Air Force Lieutenant Colonel Frank Bryant Jr. – Coronado, CA
- Navy Master At Arms Dameshvar ‘DJ’ Jaikaran – San Diego, CA
- Army Private First Class Steven Drees – Peshtigo, WI
- Army Staff Sergeant Ronnie Sanders – Fayetteville, NC
- Army Lieutenant Colonel Christian Blevins – Pinehurst, NC
- Army Staff Sergeant Alex French – Milledgeville, GA
- Army Staff Sergeant Kenneth Bennett – Stephens City, VA
- Army Staff Sergeant Steve Blass – Estherville, IA
- Air Force Master Sergeant Archie Hodsdon – Mexico, ME
- Army Staff Sergeant Frank Adamski III – Colchester, CT
- Army Staff Sergeant Timothy Walker – Spring Hill, TN
The Tunnel to Towers Gold Star Family Home Program honors the legacy of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while serving our country by paying off the mortgage or providing the surviving spouses and young children with mortgage-free homes.
“This Memorial Day is the first time in 20 years America’s servicemen and women are not in harm’s way on the battlefields of Iraq and Afghanistan. These conflicts are over, but families are still dealing with the loss of husbands, wives, fathers, mothers, sons, and daughters. I ask all Americans to take a minute to think of these heroes and their families who have sacrificed so much over the last two decades,” said Tunnel to Towers Chairman & CEO Frank Siller.
The Tunnel to Towers Foundation has set a goal to reach 1,000 mortgage-free homes delivered across the country to our nation’s military and first responders by the end of the year.
Join us on our mission to provide mortgage-free homes to the heroes and the families they leave behind by donating $11 per month at t2t.org.
About the Tunnel to Towers Foundation
Born from the tragedy of 9/11, the Tunnel to Towers Foundation carries out its mission to “do good,” by providing mortgage-free homes to Gold Star and fallen first responder families with young children and by building specially-adapted smart homes for catastrophically injured veterans and first responders. Tunnel to Towers is also committed to eradicating veteran homelessness and helping America to Never Forget September 11, 2001. Visit t2t.org to learn more.
Trevor Tamsen — Trevor.Tamsen@t2t.org